Checking in to see how I did on this month's goals....
- Date with Hubs 1
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre (Hubs blogged about it here)
- Date with Hubs 2
- we have some positive things in place, but didn't "officially" have a second, low-key kinda date...
- Family Date
- Went to the zoo on "Penguin Days" (Hubs blogged about that one here)
- Family Game Night
- 5 minute Daily Tasks from Get Organized Wizard
- What the heck? I can't seem to follow through with this one AT ALL...it takes 5 minutes but for some reason, I have a mental block
- $100 in Emergency Fund
- didn't happen :(
- Continue making Chicken Stock, working toward a rhythm (every week or every other week)
- some progress, but still need to find a rhythm...
- Continue to eat Eggs 4 times a week
- some weeks I do great....I know I need to add some variety to how I eat the eggs...that might help!
- Any Monday Missions I can
- Seek and Destory Artificial Sweeteners - I have made lots of progress in this area over the years. I avoid aspartame (and recently had to kick my Diet Coke habit....again....haven't had an aspartame sweetened soda since October 31, 2011). I also prefer Stevia as an "artificial" sweetener if needed...I happen to like iced tea unsweetened.
- Wean off the Sweeteners - to do this one will take itty bitty baby steps. I gotta do it for the health of it, but it reminds me of my days of dieting and when I was super mean to myself and my body :(
- Avoid Artificial Food Dyes and Colorings - this one is way to overwhelming! Do you know how many things have artificial dyes and colors??? I'm not giving up on this one, but I don't know if I am a purist yet...
- Walk or Exercise 3 times a week
- Egads! (I love that word!) Some weeks I'd get a couple of walks or dances in...sometimes NONE. This one needs revisiting for sure!
- Finish 2 books
- Succulent Wild Woman
- I Know What You"re Thinking
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- THAT was the second month that I went above the goal....wooty woot!
- Journal 3 times a week
- I like shooting for 3 times a week. I find incredible value in journaling and shooting for 3 gets at least one or two journalistic moments in there. I am not hard on myself when I don't....I just keep trying and appreciate the benefits of what I do get in...
- Make a "Me Time" plan....and start it (for realz this time)
- Just what did I think "for realz this time" meant? ;) Maybe next month!
- Weekly projects from here (checking in Monday and Friday with Katie on Facebook)
- Family Purpose Statement - why am I STUCK on this one? I think my life and my family is in a bit of a transition, so it is hard to boil down a purpose statement. One could argue that perhaps I need this to GUIDE me during the transition. Maybe so...sigh!
- Downsize Book/Magazine Collection - I kinda feel like this is a work in progress since we moved back in September anyway!
- Streamline Mail - this one is mostly streamlined already!
- Streamline Receipts - thanks to Hubs'
OCDattention to detail, the receipts are already taken care of
- Practice speed reading at least weekly
- A couple weeks, yes I did do this....want to try to continue this habit next month
- At some point, I want to try this for 5 consecutive days
- Well....I got to thinking about the side effects she mentions that involve going to the bathroom multiple times in a day. Since I need 45 to 50 minute blocks of time at work where I don't really excuse myself, I want to time this project just right. So I didn't get it in this month. Hopefully I will do it though!
ARCHIVES (stuff I wanna do from my recent dig)
- Didn't have anything to do on this one ;)
HOUSEKEEPING (what I meant to do....and still wanna)
- Post some Jam with Me with Faith Barista
- done! A bit of an epic post here
- Find the Scripture memory book
- Sadly, I didn't find this little guy...
- Email my emotional work friend, if I can find her email address
- Sigh...I don't know where her email addy is and I did search for her on Facebook with no luck!
- Done! I had this done and printed (color-coded even) by Valentine's Day...started reading almost daily. Ya know what? I felt in better spirits on the days I read them! Crazy?