- Date with Hubs 1
- On January 25th, I texted Hubs and said, "Did we go out on a date this month?" He texted back, "just you and me? no". We quickly kicked it into high gear and started brainstorming ideas...but we squeezed one in--a small lunch date on January 27th...and had planned a bit of a bigger date (talked about finding a ceramics place) but then Hubs broke his glasses and that fell through...
- Date with Hubs 2
- well, we just got the ONE in....
- Family Date
- our budget is about to change and not sure why we do this, but sometimes we panic and go on spending binges. I think the mentality is, let's eat out while we have a bit of extra (when really, we should be squirreling some of it away for later). But as a family, we had 3 fairly high dollar eating adventures: Babe's Chicken, Rainforest Cafe, and Texas Roadhouse. In addition, we watched Beauty and the Beast in 3D at our local theater.
- Family Game Night
- I had announced to my family that we were going to try to have game night again...my daughter got excited....I think my son reluctantly agreed! We actually snuck two in. We played The Office version of Clue and Things. Hubs and I even played Skip Bo with the girl! And then we played a video game on the 29th.
- 5 minute Daily Tasks from Get Organized Wizard
- I made myself a little chart on a 4x4 sticky note that lists several things I am to try to do regularly (Across the top, I put an initial for the day of the week...S,M,T,W,R,F,S....and an abbreviation for tasks going down) and reviewing the 5 minute daily task over the month is kinda sad. How can I not squeeze 5 minutes into my day? Incidentally, this was the only "Home" goal I made for the month. Maybe I will be able to renew myself and get going on this soon... For goal tracking purposes, I did TWO of the 5 minute daily tasks for January (yuck)!
- Make some Chicken Stock
- made some chicken stock....granted, I made it on January 29th, but I did make it. Hopefully, I will get into a rhythm and make some regularly. But....baby step one is to make some stock....check!
- Eat Eggs 4 times a week
- Using that chart I mentioned, I kept up with the eggs...the first week, I had eggs once....second week, four times....third week, once...fourth week, four times... February starts in the middle of the week, but I am off to a good start....with 3 already eaten (well, there is one boiled egg in my lunch box for today).
- Any Monday Missions I can
- Renew commitment to basics - I've kinda done that, but this is a great post of reminders and ideas for future health endeavors
- Get rid of parabens - haven't done anything on this lately....however, I do use mostly hard lotion but I need to be more mindful of this
- Ferment Something - I started eating more yogurt...a habit I had gotten slack on. And for almost a week, I ate a bunch of yogurt. I also watched this video and am thinking about making water kefir
- Do something new with stock - well, I made it....that's new...sad, huh?
- Embrace the Fat - well, I think I do alright by this one. I no longer search for low fat or fat free anything....actually do the opposite and try to make sure it isn't low fat (sometimes they add aspartame to these items or other yucky stuff I want to avoid). I have coconut oil in my house as well as butter....so hey, I am kinda already ok on this one....but I did print out the chart she mentions, for a handy reference!
- Record how much water I drink daily
- I did even better...I drank at least 32 ounces of water a day and often more like 64
- Walk 3 times a week
- Not ONE time, let alone THREE TIMES PER WEEK!!! Grrr....
- Finish 2 books
- You've GOT to Read This Book and Nineteen Minutes and Don't Say I Didn't Warn You....that's more than 2, can I get a "what, what?"
- Journal 3 times a week
- Well, I had one week where I didn't journal at all and the other weeks I only got 2 times in, but ya know....this is progress....
- Make a "Me Time" plan....and start it
- Indirectly looked at this with some of the projects, but I need to revisit this with more intention
- Weekly projects from here (checking in Monday and Friday with Katie on Facebook)
- I did this one fairly well, maybe lagged behind a bit, but followed through ok. The first week was about eating a frog, which I discussed with Hubs...who wrote about it here. The second week was to come up with a debt plan, which I did a "mini" one that gives me WORST CASE SCENARIO, having us out of debt when I am 76 years old. That is unthinkable....we gotta start throwing some money at that debt soon. The third week was to come up with a morning routine (which I have one in place and I am tweaking)...fourth week was an evening routine (got one on paper....need to implement). LUCKILY, the last week of January will carry over into February because it is a doozie for me....meal planning! sigh
- Vision Board from Rosie's suggesions
- did this and blogged about it here
- Media Diet also from Rosie's suggesions
- and I did this and blogged about it here
ARCHIVES (stuff I wanna do from my recent dig)
- List 13 Accomplishments of 2011, like I did in 2007
- I did and wrote about it here!
- Find something Beth Moore to read/do
- I did! I started a Wednesday night Bible Study on January 25th....excited about it...it is the one on David
- Post some Jam with Me with Faith Barista --I did once, which can be found here !
HOUSEKEEPING (what I meant to do....and still wanna)
- Read every day, even if just for 10 minutes
- I did this most days....and many times much more than 10 minutes.
- Find the Scripture memory book
- Haven't found this as of yet....but I gotta keep looking
- Email my emotional work friend, if I can find her email address
- I know I have her email address somewhere....still gotta find it...
- I need to make this a priority early in February, so it doesn't roll over anymore
- Even though it was not officially on my monthly goals, we put $500 into our Emergency Fund....go me!