- I had an extra long weekend. I took Thursday off and Friday was a holiday--we went out of town to have some rest and recreation. Hubs and I went to a Bed and Breakfast that had a hot tub for two. I had never seen one of those but NOW....I want one.
- The kids participated in a church "competition" event and that is always fun! Puppets, drama, Bible reading, art, daily devotion....those are the events my children chose this year. We'll find out how they did next Sunday, they'll get medals--most likely gold or silver for each event.
- For the last several years, we've been going to my sister's for Easter. The Easter Bunny has learned that's where to bring the chocolate eggs and such. I tell ya, even though my nephew is 17 and my niece is 15....my kids seem to enjoy Easter with their cousins better than when had it at our home.
- Between the baked French toast at the B and B and a yummy chocolate cake/pudding/cool whip layered dessert....I fell off the sugar wagon. It was good, but not THAT good. As I look back, I could have lived without it. Now, I have to decide about my 90 days thing. That was going to be my time frame....and technically, that time frame should start over. But....I can't seem to bring myself to do that. I do know that the cravings have dwindled, and I do want to continue until May 14th...I just don't know about starting the whole 90 days over and so the May 14th thing doesn't make sense anymore. We'll see what comes to mind.
- Speaking of changing my eating...most of the trip was fun eating s-l-o-w-l-y. Hubs and I would often split an entree when we ate out (which saved us money as well) and I would be full most often with LESS than half of the meal. I do like this way of eating....I just need to do it more so that it becomes a habit. I try to close my eyes as often as I can, too.
- Speaking of closing eyes, after such a great week, the kids struggled with getting up this morning and when I picked my daughter up today, she "confessed" that she fell asleep during a boring movie in one of her classes. She said that the teacher had one girl sign in for the same thing but she didn't catch her. She said the guilt is "eating her from the inside out." Her daddy and I have counseled her that she can tell her teacher if she wishes, which could help her with the guilt. There is a chance she'll have her sign in, but at least the guilt will be gone. But ya just never know....she might show her grace and thank her for being honest with her.
- Today is my son's birthday. He is officially a teenager. He's a great kid.
Well, the random stuff didn't flow very well, but I was able to get some things out to share with the blogosphere. Hope you all had a great Easter!