On September 6th, I declared that I was going to Live Well, which you may wish to read about here. I cleverly divided my declaration into parts and now a new blog meme has started where we check in. Do you know what this means? I must be accountable....ahhhhh! Well, accountability isn't so bad. I must admit that I haven't focused on this daily like I would have liked. My aunt tells me not to should on other people, and it really isn't a good idea to should on yourself. So all shoulding aside, let me check in and see how I've done over the last couple of months and at the same time, renew my commitment to LIVE WELL!!
- My Daily Quiet time is just awesome!! It is ever evolving and I have missed a day here and there, but I genuinely miss it when I do.
- Prayer is a struggle for me. I have stopped the rote memorized laundry list of old and now I pray before my Bible Study for God's direction in the study and for how to pray after the Bible study. Then I kneel (actually get on the floor) and pray how I feel led from the Bible study which has been so cool. Once I poured my sin out. Another time, I prayed for the soldiers in Iraq. But it changes daily. Here's the key...I pray the fairly quick prayer on bended knee as led, with the plan to open myself up to discussing things with God throughout the day. I listen for God's guidance throughout the day, so that I am in open communication with my Father all day. Sometimes I have a hard time hearing Him when I do this, then my mind wanders and before I know it...I'm busy and not listening anymore.
- Meditation was going well for a bit but then I stopped and haven't picked it back up...
- Making good choices while I eat, well some days I do so well and lots of days I don't. Then there is "medium" days. I don't just go all crazy nuts with the eating, but I definitely make poor choices. I still need God's help with this!!
- Moving every day is....well....very tough. In October, I was walking fairly regularly (though not evey day), but toward the end of the month....I just stopped. What is THAT about? Well just this week, I picked it back up, walking on Monday and Tuesday!
- Water--drink lots of it most days!!
- Watching less TV...I'm alright on this! But I do need to track what I watch so I can more accurately report on this. I just know there isn't a whole lot that I feel compelled to watch!
- Reading more....this one could use some work. I need to make a plan with this one, I think!
- Finally, journalling/blogging/scrapbooking every day--I was on a roll with the journaling and then I stopped. I went to a Megacrop scrapbooking event in September and absolutely LOVED IT!!!! And the blogging has its ups and downs. This could actually use some work, too!
So there you have it!! My "check-in" for the week. I think I will have shorter check-ins from now on. As lovely as you all are, I don't want you to have read novels every time you come to my blog. Perhaps, I will choose an area to really focus in on and report in how I did for the week! For others checking in with their living well, click on the button at the top of this post!