Before I begin, I just have to tell you how much I truly ENJOY Works-For-Me-Wednesday. Last week, the host site took a break from it (with very good reason) and I just felt empty :) I was looking forward to reading all the wonderful ideas from so many great folks out there in the blogosphere willing to share. Thanks for stopping by my blog, but do go visit Shannon's blog. This may sound crazy, but I told my hubby that WFMW may change my life. I can't even tell you how many great ideas I've tried to implement already and am looking forward to even more.
This week, it is a parenting advice theme. Here's something kinda fun I came up with. It is a bit early to be thinking of the drive to school, but I know that I wanted my kids to have some kind of joy before I send them off to school. It is so easy in the mornings to get frustrated and "bark" at the kiddos. So in that short drive to drop them off at school, I had a short little game I played depending on the day of the week. Here they are:
- MILLION DOLLAR MONDAY--If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? Be silly--buy everyone in the family a Volkswagon Bug--what color do you want? Have a bowling alley inside our home.
- TOODLE TUESDAY--take turns humming a tune and see who can name it.
- WUBBA WEDNESDAY--take turns saying "I wubba you more than ___________"--can be chocolate, rainbows, newborn puppies,almost anything--make it fun!! This day when I get close to the school, I say, "I wubba you more than anything....except God, Jesus, and Daddy!"
- THINK THURSDAY--Think of something purple. Think of something funny. Think of something that tastes good. Just whatever...everyone takes turns thinking of something in whatever category.
- FREAKY FRIDAY--Wouldn't it be freaky if ______________? Your noses were in the middle of your forehead. You wore your underwear on the outside of your pants. Again, have fun with it!
With these games, I know that they had a little bit of fun, even on mornings that got hectic. We've been doing this for a few years, and even though my kiddos are a little older (they are now 10 and 12), they still seem to enjoy this.